Cloud Architect (Azure & Microsoft 365)
** This is an opportunity to join our team of top-notch Cloud Engineers & Architects working closely together on interesting projects for our clients. This position is fully remote (indefinitely).**
Emergent Software is seeking a Microsoft Cloud Architect to join our growing Cloud Transformation services team. Qualified candidates will have experience planning, designing, architecting, and delivering Microsoft Cloud solutions including Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365. This candidate will be heavily involved in pre-sales engagement activities as well as architecture, design and implementation activities. In addition to the technical requirements, candidates must understand the business value of implementing these solutions and provide thought leadership for our clients in these areas. Your ability to communicate solutions to our clients through formal presentations, creating documentation, and managing expectations will be crucial to your success.
This position is remote but will occasionally require travel to support projects around the country.
Highlights & Benefits of working at Emergent Software
- Work closely with other talented engineers and team members. Our vetting process means you can count on your team members to know what they are talking about.
- Work from home or work remotely from anywhere you want
- Flexible work schedule meaning you can work regular hours or whenever you work best
- Work-life balance is essential and highly valued at Emergent Software. If you choose to work more than 40 hours, you’ll be compensated for the extra work!
- Work on interesting projects solving complex business problems with custom software.
- 100 hours per year to focus on your professional development. We invest in your growth!
- Profit sharing bonus means as we’re successful, you’re successful
- Excellent benefits package including medical insurance, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, FSA, disability, life insurance, and paid parental leave
Cloud Architect Qualifications
- 6+ years experience architecting and implementing Microsoft Azure and M365 cloud solutions
- Consulting experience working in multiple customer environments of varying size and scope
- Hands-on experience architecting and deploying Microsoft Azure environments, including hybrid scenarios, optimizing cost/capacity ratios, proper monitoring, scaling, implementing, and validating database & DR scenarios, and Azure security
- Experience with both Azure Infrastructure and Microsoft Modern Workplace technologies
- Experience with Azure Storage and essential Azure Networking technologies
- Understanding of Microsoft Identity and Access Management products such as Azure AD, ADFS, Azure AD Connect, Conditional Access, Azure AD Proxy, SAML
- Experience migrating clients to the Microsoft 365 cloud and implementing the Office 365 suite of products
- Experience with Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD)
- Experience with Intune
- Various aspects of Active Directory, including design, migrations, assessments both on-prem and cloud
- Automating deployment and scale of Azure IaaS solution
- Experience with Azure DevOps and building CI/CD pipelines to script, automate, and scale Azure deployments
- Experience providing recommendations for cloud migrations, preparing technical implementation roadmaps for Azure adoption and various Azure migration scenarios
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to enter time into time tracking system on daily basis
- Thrives in a fast paced and always changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to provide guidance, thought leadership, and mentorship
- Follows industry and company best best practices to achieve project success
- Willing to maintain current and relevant levels of technical knowledge, expertise, and certifications
Nice to Have Experience:
- Degree in computer science field or similar experience
- PowerShell, Python, or Perl scripting experience
- Terraform experience
- Azure for web applications and Azure DevOps pipelines
- Relevant Microsoft certifications including:
- AZ-104, AZ-303, AZ-304, AZ-500
Our Vetting Process
At Emergent Software, we work hard to find the best engineers and team members capable of delivering high quality solutions for our clients. If you think you’re one of those, please understand that the effort put into this by people like yourself helps us be successful in surrounding you with other top-notch engineers. Here are the steps of our vetting process for this position:
- Application (5 minutes)
- Online Assessment (30-40 minutes)
- Initial Phone Interview (30-45 minutes)
- Technical Interview (60-90 minutes)
- Final Interview (45-60 minutes)
- Job Offer!
Benefits Package Details
- Medical Insurance: up to 90% of your monthly medical premium (HSA options available)
- Dental & Vision Insurance: up to 50% of your monthly dental and vision premium costs
- 401(k) plan: company match up to 4% of salary
- Profit sharing bonus: up to 15% of salary paid quarterly
- Extra compensation: for extra hours, off-hours work, and customer referrals
- Flex Spending Account (FSA) for Dependent Care & Healthcare Costs
- Short Term Disability: $500/week for 12 weeks
- Long Term Disability: up to $6,000/month
- Group term life and AD&D insurance: $50k
- PTO, standard holidays, 2 floating holidays
- Paid parental leave: 2 weeks
- Staff development program: 100 hours/year plus training costs
About Emergent Software
Emergent Software is a fast-growing software development and digital consulting company serving clients across the country. We are building a team of professionals with the variety of skills our clients need to consider Emergent Software their one-stop-shop for web & cloud-based solutions.
We are a remote-first company
From our inception, we offered a remote-friendly culture supporting work flexibility beyond the norm. When the pandemic hit in 2020, we simply cleaned out the office fridge and switched to a fully remote work environment – and we’ve never looked back. This pivot has allowed us to welcome talented team members from all over the country and give everyone the same opportunities whether they know what the ‘skyway system’ is or not.
Your career grows with us
Working with talented people on interesting projects makes this an engaging work environment for those passionate about helping businesses with technology. Learning by working directly with our experienced team, utilizing our staff development program for self-growth, and solving complex problems on a variety of projects provide ample long-term career development opportunities for all.
At Emergent Software, your ideas will be heard, you will grow exponentially as a master of your craft, and you will enjoy working with other dedicated team members to deliver solutions for our clients.
In this role, you will plan, design, architect, and deliver Microsoft Cloud solutions including Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 for our clients. See the job description for requirements.