Cloud Support Specialist (Azure & Microsoft 365)
** This is an opportunity to join our team of top-notch Cloud Engineers & Architects working closely together on interesting projects for our clients. This position is fully remote (indefinitely).**
Emergent Software is seeking a Cloud Support Specialist to join our growing Cloud Transformation services team. Qualified candidates will have experience supporting and administering Microsoft Cloud solutions including Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365. This candidate will be involved in support activities as well as assist with hands-on implementation.
This position is remote but will occasionally require travel to support projects around the country.
Highlights & Benefits of working at Emergent Software
- Work closely with other talented engineers and team members. Our vetting process means you can count on your team members to know what they are talking about.
- Work from home or work remotely from anywhere you want
- Flexible work schedule meaning you can work regular hours or whenever you work best
- Work-life balance is essential and highly valued at Emergent Software. If you choose to work more than 40 hours, you’ll be compensated for the extra work!
- Work on interesting projects solving complex business problems with custom software.
- 100 hours per year to focus on your professional development. We invest in your growth!
- Profit sharing bonus means as we’re successful, you’re successful
- Excellent benefits package including medical insurance, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, FSA, disability, life insurance, and paid parental leave
Cloud Support Specialist Qualifications
- 1+ years experience supporting Microsoft Azure and M365 cloud solutions
- Ability to troubleshoot incidents, identify root causes, fix and document problems, and implement preventative measures
- Experience working in multiple customer environments of varying size and scope
- Experience with Microsoft Azure infrastructure, including Azure Storage and essential Azure Networking technologies
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Identity and Access Management products such as Azure AD, ADFS, Azure AD Connect, Conditional Access, Azure AD Proxy, SAML
- Experience supporting and administering some or all of the following:
- Azure AD or Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange cloud or on prem
- Teams or Skype for Business
- Azure Virtual Desktop
- Azure AD or Active Directory
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to enter time into time tracking system on daily basis
- Thrives in a fast paced and always changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
Nice to Have Experience:
- Degree in computer science field or similar
- PowerShell, Python, or Perl scripting
- Relevant Microsoft certifications including:
- AZ-104, AZ-303, AZ-304, AZ-500
Our Vetting Process
At Emergent Software, we work hard to find the best engineers and team members capable of delivering high quality solutions for our clients. If you think you’re one of those, please understand that the effort put into this by people like yourself helps us be successful in surrounding you with other top-notch engineers. Here are the steps of our vetting process for this position:
- Application (5 minutes)
- Online Assessment (30-40 minutes)
- Initial Phone Interview (30-45 minutes)
- Technical Interview (60-90 minutes)
- Final Interview (45-60 minutes)
- Job Offer!
Benefits Package Details
- Medical Insurance: up to 90% of your monthly medical premium (HSA options available)
- Dental & Vision Insurance: up to 50% of your monthly dental and vision premium costs
- 401(k) plan: company match up to 4% of salary
- Profit sharing bonus: up to 15% of salary paid quarterly
- Extra compensation: for extra hours, off-hours work, and customer referrals
- Flex Spending Account (FSA) for Dependent Care & Healthcare Costs
- Short Term Disability: $500/week for 12 weeks
- Long Term Disability: up to $6,000/month
- Group term life and AD&D insurance: $50k
- PTO, standard holidays, 2 floating holidays
- Paid parental leave: 2 weeks
- Staff development program: 100 hours/year plus training costs
About Emergent Software
Emergent Software is a fast-growing software development and digital consulting company serving clients across the country. We are building a team of professionals with the variety of skills our clients need to consider Emergent Software their one-stop-shop for web & cloud-based solutions.
We are a remote-first company
From our inception, we offered a remote-friendly culture supporting work flexibility beyond the norm. When the pandemic hit in 2020, we simply cleaned out the office fridge and switched to a fully remote work environment – and we’ve never looked back. This pivot has allowed us to welcome talented team members from all over the country and give everyone the same opportunities whether they know what the ‘skyway system’ is or not.
Your career grows with us
Working with talented people on interesting projects makes this an engaging work environment for those passionate about helping businesses with technology. Learning by working directly with our experienced team, utilizing our staff development program for self-growth, and solving complex problems on a variety of projects provide ample long-term career development opportunities for all.
At Emergent Software, your ideas will be heard, you will grow exponentially as a master of your craft, and you will enjoy working with other dedicated team members to deliver solutions for our clients.
In this role, you will support and administer Microsoft Azure & Microsoft 365 solutions for our clients and also assist with implementations. See the job description for requirements.