Java Developer (Mid-level)
United States$80,000 - $120,000 per year
** This is a direct-hire opportunity with our client and is fully remote (indefinitely). Candidates must be able to work in the US without sponsorship.**
Our client is looking add a mid-level Java Developer to their team to assist in building 2.0 of their platform. You will provide technical expertise and support in the design, development, implementation, and testing of this new platform. You will also participate in and/or direct major deliverables of projects through all aspects of the SDLC which includes scope/work estimation, architecture/design, coding for back-end, and unit testing.
- Lead the development efforts to create platform 2.0
- Software programming using Java, Python, and SpringBoot, engaging with PostGRES SQL Databases; in a microservices architecture
- Ability to think big picture and solution for customers, to proactively anticipate problems, be customer-centric in our development and design, and be open-minded to different solutions for achieving a development milestone
- Clearly document processes, methodologies, and tools used
- B.S. in relevant technical degree
- Experienced (at least 3-5 years) with Java, Python, Spring Boot, and microservices framework
- Experienced with scripting languages (Python)
- Experienced with writing complex SQL queries and analysis of data correlations
- Experienced with PostgreSQL
- Ability to work independently and integrate with other team members
- Project management skills, to scope out timeline, methodology, and deliverables for development, testing, and integration into the platform
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Our Vetting Process
At Emergent Software, we work hard to find the software engineers who are the right fit for our clients. Here are the steps of our vetting process for this position:
- Application (5 minutes)
- Online Assessment (40 minutes)
- Initial Phone Interview (30-45 minutes)
- 1-2 Interviews with the Client
- Job Offer!
In this role, you will participate in all aspects of the SDLC which includes scope/work estimation, architecture/design, coding for back-end, and unit testing. See the job description for requirements. See job description for requirements.