Project Manager (Agile Software Development)
** This is an opportunity to join our team of top-notch software professionals working closely together on interesting projects for our clients. This position is fully remote (indefinitely). **
Emergent Software is looking for a project manager who is smart and passionate about software development with strong organization, communication, and leadership qualities. A qualified candidate has a strong grasp of both waterfall and agile methodologies and experience managing multiple software development projects at once. This 100% remote position is for self-starters with good communication skills, work ethic, and the ability to participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle.
This role focuses on managing a large breadth of projects, with less focus on depth of involvement on each. Most engagements assigned to this role will be short duration and require minimal hands on project management, but rather focus on oversite and coordination.
Highlights & Benefits of working at Emergent Software
- Work closely with other talented software engineers and analysts. Our vetting process means you can count on your team members to know what they are talking about.
- Work from home or work remotely from anywhere you want
- Flexible work schedule meaning you can work regular hours or whenever you work best
- Work-life balance is essential and highly valued at Emergent Software. If you choose to work more than 40 hours, you’ll be compensated for the extra work!
- Work on interesting projects solving complex business problems with custom software.
- 100 hours per year to focus on your professional development. We invest in your growth!
- Profit sharing bonus means as we’re successful, you’re successful
- Excellent benefits package including medical insurance, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, FSA, disability, life insurance, and paid parental leave
- Schedule Management: Update resource schedules / allocations, meet with team members to ensure balance between demand and capacity, review time card actuals vs planned.
- Budget Management: Track cost (ETC/EAC), forecast/re-estimate spend throughout project, manage cost variance, report overall valuation of the project progress and execution, manage resources and time tracking/reporting tools.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Manage stakeholder relationships and client engagement with direct support from client account managers.
- Communications: Facilitate all project meetings, create/update/distribute project documentation, send regular (weekly or bi-weekly) status updates to stakeholders per PMO policy, contribute to executive-level dashboards, participate in monthly/quarterly business reviews.
- Change Control: Document change control items per the standard PMO process & best practices, tracking impact to timeline, scope, resources, or cost.
- Risk & Quality Management: Identify, manage, mitigate, and communicate issues and risks throughout the project.
- DevOps & Production Support Process Adherence: Ensure your team adheres to DevOps and Production Support policies that include standard incident management, release management, build management, deploy management, change management and production support procedures.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices
- A 3+ year track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies
- 4+ years experience in any role working with SCRUM/Agile methodologies within application development projects
- Sufficient level of technical background enabling you to provide credible leadership to development teams and accurately evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dev Ops and/or other agile work organization tools (Jira, Trello, Basecamp, Rally)
- Experience operating as the liaison between agile development teams and users, driving delivery in the right direction
- A firm grasp on how websites, web applications, APIs, databases, mobile apps, windows apps, and the cloud function at a high level
- Ability to thrive on a small team in a fast-paced environment while juggling a variety of projects and wearing multiple hats
- Exemplary problem-solving ability & enthusiasm
- Strong technical writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills are a must
- Experiencing managing a wide breadth of competing priorities, including strong organization skills and ability to prioritize
Nice to Have Experience
- Industry recognized Agile process certification (CSM, SAFe, LeSS, or equivalent) or PMP
- Demonstrated experience on a mature agile development team in roles other than PM (i.e. BA, Scrum Master, QA, Product Owner, etc.)
- Previous consulting experience either independent consulting or with a firm
- Experience building solutions with Microsoft technologies such as .NET, SQL Server, Azure, and Office 365
- Interest in participating in other areas of a growing company like sales, design, management, etc.
Our Vetting Process
At Emergent Software, we work hard to find the best analysts capable of delivering high quality software for our clients. If you think you’re one of those, please understand that the effort put into this by people like yourself helps us be successful in surrounding you with other top-notch people. Here are the steps of our vetting process for this position:
- Application (5 minutes)
- Online Assessment (40-50 minutes)
- Initial Phone Interview (30-45 minutes)
- Technology Knowledge Assessment Interview (20-30 minutes)
- Final Interview (60-90 minutes)
- Job Offer!
Benefits Package Details
- Medical Insurance: up to 90% of your monthly medical premium (HSA options available)
- Dental & Vision Insurance: up to 50% of your monthly dental and vision premium costs
- 401(k) plan: company match up to 4% of salary
- Profit sharing bonus: up to 15% of salary paid quarterly
- Extra compensation: for extra hours, off-hours work, and customer referrals
- Flex Spending Account (FSA) for Dependent Care & Healthcare Costs
- Short Term Disability: $500/week for 12 weeks
- Long Term Disability: up to $6,000/month
- Group term life and AD&D insurance: $50k
- PTO, standard holidays, 2 floating holidays
- Paid parental leave: 2 weeks
- Staff development program: 100 hours/year plus training costs
About Emergent Software
Emergent Software is a fast-growing software development and digital consulting company serving clients across the country. We are building a team of professionals with the variety of skills our clients need to consider Emergent Software their one-stop-shop for web & cloud-based solutions.
We are a remote-first company
From our inception, we offered a remote-friendly culture supporting work flexibility beyond the norm. When the pandemic hit in 2020, we simply cleaned out the office fridge and switched to a fully remote work environment – and we’ve never looked back. This pivot has allowed us to welcome talented team members from all over the country and give everyone the same opportunities whether they know what the ‘skyway system’ is or not.
Your career grows with us
Working with talented people on interesting projects makes this an engaging work environment for those passionate about helping businesses with technology. Learning by working directly with our experienced team, utilizing our staff development program for self-growth, and solving complex problems on a variety of projects provide ample long-term career development opportunities for all.
At Emergent Software, your ideas will be heard, you will grow exponentially as a master of your craft, and you will enjoy working with other dedicated team members to deliver solutions for our clients.
In this role, you will focus on managing a large breadth of projects, with less focus on depth of involvement on each. Most engagements assigned will be short duration and require minimal hands on project management, but rather focus on oversite and coordination. See the job description for requirements.