** This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing technology company, take our accounting to the next level, and help grow our business. This position is fully remote. **
Emergent Software is looking for a senior accountant who is analytical, smart, and passionate about how practical accounting methods can help executive leadership make good business decisions. A qualified candidate is an accountant with senior-level experience at a consulting or professional services company. This 100% remote position is for self-starters with a passion for numbers, strong attention to detail, organization skills, communication skills, and work ethic.
The senior accountant will be responsible for managing the day-to-day financial operations of our company, including general ledger accounting, financial reporting, and reconciliations.
- Manage the month-end and year-end close processes, including preparing journal entries and reconciling accounts
- Prepare monthly financial statements and provide financial analysis to management
- Manage and oversee accounts payable and receivable, including billing and collections
- Maintain accurate and complete financial records in compliance with GAAP
- Monitor and enforce internal controls to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Research and apply accounting best practices for professional IT services companies
- Manage the customer invoicing process
- Manage the commission and profit-sharing calculation & payment processes
- Oversee sales tax filing and payments via 3rd party service
- Work with an external accounting firm to prepare taxes
- Work with a 3rd party vendor to manage state tax filings for withholding, unemployment, and sales tax registration
- Onboard and maintain client information in accounting platform and other systems
- Oversee the implementation of a new accounting platform and/or processes
- Perform other accounting activities as directed by leadership
Senior Accountant Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent certification preferred
- 5+ years of accounting experience in a consulting or professional services company, with at least 2 years in a senior accounting role
- Experience with at least one mid-market accounting software packages such as NetSuite, Sage Intacct, Dynamics GP, etc.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and financial reporting requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Nice to Have Experience
- Experience with multiple mid-market accounting software packages
- Experience preparing and filing tax returns and other regulatory filings
Our Vetting Process
At Emergent Software, we work hard to find the best team members capable of contributing high quality work. If you think you’re one of those, please understand that the effort put into this by people like yourself helps us be successful in surrounding you with other top performers. Here are the steps of our vetting process for this position:
- Application (5 minutes)
- Online Assessment (30-40 minutes)
- Initial Phone Interview (30-45 minutes)
- In-Depth Interview (60-90 minutes)
- Final Interview (45-60 minutes)
- Job Offer!
In this role, use your accounting skills to help us make better business decisions.