Senior Data Architect (Azure)
** This is an opportunity to join our dynamic team of data engineering professionals working to design and implement database projects for our clients. This position is fully remote (indefinitely). **
Emergent Software is seeking a Senior Data Architect who is analytical, passionate, and detail oriented and enjoys designing & building cloud-based data solutions to solve business problems. A qualified candidate has significant experience developing data warehouses and analytical database solutions in Microsoft Azure. This 100% remote position is for self-starters with excellent communication skills, work ethic, and the ability to manage work across numerous clients and priorities.
Highlights & Benefits of working at Emergent Software
- Work closely with other talented database professionals & software engineers. Our vetting process means you can count on your team members to know what they are talking about.
- Work from home or work remotely from anywhere you want
- Flexible work schedule meaning you can work regular hours or whenever you work best
- Work-life balance is essential and highly valued at Emergent Software. If you choose to work more than 40 hours, you’ll be compensated for the extra work!
- Work on interesting projects solving complex business problems with custom software.
- 100 hours per year to focus on your professional development. We invest in your growth!
- Profit sharing bonus means as we’re successful, you’re successful
- Excellent benefits package including medical insurance, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, FSA, disability, life insurance, and paid parental leave
Azure Data Architect Required Experience
- 10+ years of database development & architecture experience
- 5+ years of experience with Azure database projects
- Ability to discuss potential data solutions with clients in the pre-sales process
- Data warehouse design using star-schema and/or snowflake methodologies
- Data lake experience
- ETL development using Azure Data Factory
- Implementing data warehouses in Azure Synapse
- Building analytics solutions using Power BI
- Familiarity with Microsoft Fabric with ability to discuss with clients
Nice to Have Experience
- Cognos DB
- Relational database design
- Stored procedures & queries for OLTP systems
- Performance tuning databases and long running queries
Our Vetting Process
At Emergent Software, we work hard to find the best team members capable of contributing high quality work. If you think you’re one of those, please understand that the effort put into this by people like yourself helps us be successful in surrounding you with other top performers. Here are the steps of our vetting process for this position:
- Application (5 minutes)
- Online Assessment (30-40 minutes)
- Initial Phone Interview (30-45 minutes)
- Technical Interview (60-90 minutes)
- Final Interview (45-60 minutes)
- Job Offer!
In this role, you will lead, architect, and implement data projects in the Microsoft stack to solve complex business problems. See the job description for requirements.