Senior Database Developer
RemoteUnited States$130,000 - $150,000
**This position is a direct hire position for client and is fully remote. This is a US based position and visa sponsorship is not available.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Database Developer to join our client's team. The successful candidate will be a well experienced and independent Database Developer. Join a fun and well experienced team.
Senior Database Developer Primary Duties
- Design, implement, and maintain databases and data structures in SQL Server to ensure optimal performance and functionality.
- Identify data sources, construct data decomposition diagrams, and provide data flow diagrams to document the process.
- Write code for database access, modifications, transformations, and constructions, including stored procedures.
- Advise and mentor developers on proper design and correct or modify database schemas, including creating tables and defining proper indexes and primary keys.
- Follow test scripts to test programs and processes to ensure they work properly and meet client requirements. Correct any problems encountered during testing.
- Provide technical documentation of applications including flow charts, specifications, and end-user documentation.
- Perform code reviews to identify performance issues with queries and stored procedures
Senior Database Developer Qualifications
- 7+ years of related professional industry experience, including experience with SQL Server Standard (SQL Server Enterprise experience a plus), SSIS 2016 and later, data warehousing tools/techniques, Azure DB related offerings (Table/Azure SQL/Data Lake), SQL Database monitoring and performance tools, and performance optimization.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external vendors, clients, staff, and management.
- Experience translating technology requirements from internal personnel to external customers and vice versa.
- Ability to collect the necessary information and listen to others to make decisions regarding projects and processes.
- Proven ability to take initiative and find alternative approaches to solve or troubleshoot issues.
Our Vetting Process
At Emergent Software, we work hard to find the software engineers who are the right fit for our clients. Here are the steps of our vetting process for this position:
- Application (5 minutes)
- Online Assessment & Short Algorithm Challenge (40-60 minutes)
- Initial Phone Interview (30-45 minutes)
- 1-2 Interviews with the Client
- Job Offer!
In this role, you will join a fun and experienced team to help impact the company's databases. See the job description for requirements.