Senior Sitecore Developer
** This is an opportunity for experienced Sitecore developers to join our team of top-notch software engineers working closely together on interesting projects for our clients. This position is fully remote (indefinitely). If you do not have Sitecore experience, this job is NOT for you.**
Emergent Software is looking for smart, curious, problem solvers that know how to use Microsoft & Sitecore technology to deliver complex website solutions for our clients. Qualified candidates must have advanced knowledge of Sitecore products and experience with performing as a technical leader on website development projects. This 100% remote position is for self-starters with good communication skills, work ethic, and the ability to participate in all aspects of the agile software development life cycle.
Highlights & Benefits of working at Emergent Software
- Work closely with other talented software engineers. Our vetting process means you can count on your team members to know what they are talking about.
- Work from home or work remotely from anywhere you want
- Flexible work schedule meaning you can work regular hours or choose weekends and evenings
- Work-life balance is essential and highly valued at Emergent Software. If you choose to work more than 40 hours, you’ll be compensated for the extra work!
- Work on interesting projects solving complex business problems with custom software.
- 100 hours per year to focus on your professional development. We invest in your growth!
- Profit sharing bonus means as we’re successful, you’re successful
- Excellent benefits package including medical insurance, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, FSA, disability, life insurance, and paid parental leave
- Work closely with clients and your fellow agile software development team members to build and enhance Sitecore-based solutions.
- Act as the development lead on mid-sized Sitecore implementations and website enhancement projects.
- Meet with clients to plan and estimate solutions that will meet their business needs.
- Coach other devs and provide code feedback through pull request reviews.
- Work on multiple client projects simultaneously, prioritizing effectively to meet our clients’ delivery expectations.
- Stay current with Sitecore technology and share your knowledge with others to help build a stronger team.
- Significant experience and expertise designing, developing, and maintaining websites with Sitecore Experience Platform.
- Sitecore® Experience Solution or Advanced Solution Developer Certification (or willingness to obtain this once hired).
- Strong knowledge of ASP.NET MVC and Microsoft SQL.
- Experience with CI/CD tools and practices.
- Proficient with modern source control methods using Git and Git-flow.
- In-depth experience with website analytics tools (e.g, Google Analytics, Tealium).
- Strong technical and non-technical communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to estimate tasks effectively.
Nice to Have Experience
- Experience working directly with customer teams of various sizes.
- Previous Software Development Consulting experience either independent consulting or with a firm.
- Experience with other .Net-based CMS’s besides Sitecore.
- Experience with Azure or similar (AWS, Sitecore Cloud, Google Cloud, etc).
Our Vetting Process
At Emergent Software, we work hard to find the best software engineers capable of developing high quality software for our clients. If you think you’re one of those, please understand that the effort put into this by people like yourself helps us be successful in surrounding you with other top-notch engineers. Here are the steps of our vetting process for this position:
- Application (5 minutes)
- Online Assessment & Short Algorithm Challenge (70-90 minutes)
- Initial Phone Interview (30-45 minutes)
- Technical Interview (60-90 minutes)
- Job Offer!
Benefits Package Details
- Medical Insurance: up to 90% of your monthly medical premium (HSA options available)
- Dental & Vision Insurance: up to 50% of your monthly dental and vision premium costs
- 401(k) plan: company match up to 4% of salary
- Profit sharing bonus: up to 15% of salary paid quarterly
- Extra compensation: for extra hours, off-hours work, and customer referrals
- Flex Spending Account (FSA) for Dependent Care & Healthcare Costs
- Short Term Disability: $500/week for 12 weeks
- Long Term Disability: up to $6,000/month
- Group term life and AD&D insurance: $50k
- PTO, standard holidays, 2 floating holidays
- Paid parental leave: 2 weeks
- Staff development program: 100 hours/year plus training costs
About Emergent Software
Emergent Software is a fast-growing software development and consulting company serving clients across the country and beyond. We are building a team of talented software engineers, database architects, UX designers and project managers capable of developing high quality custom software services for our clients.
We are a remote-first company
From our inception, we offered a remote-friendly culture supporting work flexibility beyond the norm. When the pandemic hit in 2020, we simply cleaned out the office fridge and switched to a fully remote work environment – and we’ve never looked back. This pivot has allowed us to welcome talented team members from all over the country and give everyone the same opportunities whether they know what the ‘skyway system’ is or not.
Your career grows with us
Working with talented engineers on interesting projects makes this an engaging work environment for people passionate about software development. Learning by working directly with our experienced team, utilizing our staff development program, and solving complex problems on a variety of project provide ample long-term career development opportunities.
At Emergent Software, your ideas will be heard, you will grow exponentially as a master of your craft, and you will enjoy working other dedicated team members to deliver software solutions for our clients.
Check out what others say
Check us out on Glassdoor to see how employees enjoy our remote working structure, flexible hours, profit sharing program, and more!
In this role you will work closely with our clients and team of web development professionals to build, support and enhance Sitecore-based solutions. See the job description for requirements.