Senior Software Engineer (C# and .NET) - Contract
RemoteUnited States$60 - $100 per hour
** This is a 6+ month contract opportunity where you'll work with our client on a contract basis (both W2 and 1099 options are available) with the option to convert to full-time with the client. This position is fully remote (indefinitely). Candidates must be able to work in the US without sponsorship.**
Emergent Software is looking for a senior software engineer who is a smart, passionate, and curious problem solver with experience using the Microsoft stack to solve business problems. A qualified candidate is a full stack software developer with advanced knowledge of C# and .NET and experience leading software development projects. This 100% remote position is for self-starters with good communication skills, work ethic, and the ability to participate in all aspects of the agile software development life cycle.
Senior Software Engineer Primary Duties
- Solve client needs by building new custom software, enhancements, bug fixes, or consulting.
- Work on a full scrum team contributing new code and reviewing pull requests on a large enterprise scale software project.
- Or lead mid-sized software development projects from start to finish balancing work from multiple projects simultaneously.
- Participate in technical requirements gathering, technology selection, data modeling, Azure infrastructure design, and DevOps & CI/CD process design with guidance from our technical and architecture leadership.
- Architect & develop new applications and features using industry standard best practices.
- Meet with clients to craft technology solutions that meet their business needs and estimate the effort required to deliver.
- Collaborate with other software developers on an agile development team.
- Provide code feedback to other developers through pull request reviews.
- Share your knowledge at regular talk shop and lunch & learn sessions to help build a stronger team.
- Other related duties as assigned by your manager.
Senior Software Engineer Qualifications
- Competence in at least four areas in the full stack with advanced experience in at least one:
1. Backend development (data access, services, MVC, APIs)
4. Database design and development (data modeling, optimization, T-SQL)
5. Infrastructure (DevOps, CI/CD processes, source control, cloud)
- Knowledge of good architectural patterns for writing scalable and maintainable software
- Proven success leading projects from start to finish
- Strong technical and non-technical communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable speaking to clients
- Ability to estimate tasks effectively and accurately
- Ability to gather and write strong requirements based on client’s business objectives
Nice to Have Experience
- Consulting either independently or with a firm
- Working directly with customer teams of various sizes
- React or similar (e.g. Angular, Vue.JS)
- Blazor and/or web assembly
- Content management systems (e.g. Sitecore, Umbraco, Contentful)
- Microsoft Azure or similar (AWS, Google Cloud)
Our Vetting Process
At Emergent Software, we work hard to find the software engineers who are the right fit for our clients. Here are the steps of our vetting process for this position:
- Application (5 minutes)
- Online Assessment & Short Algorithm Challenge (40-60 minutes)
- Initial Phone Interview (30-45 minutes)
- 1-2 Interviews with the Client
- Job Offer!
In this role, you will lead the technical delivery of mid-sized development projects to modernize one or many components of a large web application. See the job description for requirements.