RemoteUnited States$115,000 - $125,000
** This is a contract-to-hire position for one of our clients. Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced ServiceNow Developer to join our client's team. The successful candidate will be responsible for configuring and maintaining the ServiceNow system to ensure that it meets the needs of our organization. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in ITSM and ITOM and a deep understanding of ITIL.
As a ServiceNow Developer, you will be responsible for creating workflows, business rules, UI actions/pages/policies, security (ACLs), and more. You will build service requests from customer requirements and use scripting tools and ServiceNow functionality to create scripts that automate routine tasks. Additionally, you will gather specifications from departments and deliver products/releases that meet their needs, serve as the primary point of contact for operational support issues, and work with IT managers to generate views and reports as needed.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be able to work under pressure, and have the ability to manage multiple priorities. They will be able to identify and resolve issues quickly and work in a fast-paced, energetic environment. Additionally, they will be goal-oriented and have the ability to work through roadblocks, motivate external concerns, and bring about resolution.
- Configure the ServiceNow system, including creating workflows, business rules, UI actions/pages/policies, security (ACLs), etc.
- Build service requests from customer requirements using workflows to manage data flows from the customer to the support teams providing the service.
- Use scripting tools and ServiceNow functionality to create scripts that automate routine tasks.
- Gather specifications from departments and deliver products/releases that meet their needs. Create requirements definitions and technical specifications documentation.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all operational support issues related to a ServiceNow instance used by multiple departments within the organization.
- Serve as Lead for providing ongoing production and end-user support of the ServiceNow Platform and specific applications on the platform.
- Maintain and continuously improve processes, standards, policies, working methods, and tools.
- Follow established IT department procedures, such as change control and release management.
- Work with IT managers to generate views and reports as needed.
- Monitor the health, usage, and overall compliance of the application.
- Ability to work under pressure & manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent written, verbal, listening, communication & interpersonal skills.
- B.S. Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years of experience in the IT industry.
- Three (3) years of directly related work experience within ServiceNow, preferably the ITSM and ITOM product suites.
- ServiceNow Discovery experience.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Certifications: ServiceNow Certified Administrator and ITIL v3 Foundation.
- Knowledge of disciplined software release build/deploy processes.
- Knowledge of integrating with internal and external applications and systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work on multiple overlapping projects.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Our Vetting Process
At Emergent Software, we work hard to find the individuals who are the right fit for our clients. Here are the steps of our vetting process for this position:
- Application (5 minutes)
- Online Assessment (40-60 minutes)
- Initial Phone Interview (30-45 minutes)
- 1-2 Interviews with the Client
- Job Offer!
In this role, you will use your skills to configure and maintain our client's ServiceNow system. See the job description for requirements.