RemoteUnited States$80,000 - $100,000 per year
** This is an opportunity to join our software development team working on interesting projects for our clients as well as internal initiatives. This position is fully remote (indefinitely). **
Emergent Software is looking for a Web Designer who is creative, smart, and passionate about designing beautiful and effective custom software. A qualified candidate is a Web Designer with experience designing UI/UX and graphics for web-based custom software and websites. This 100% remote position is for self-starters with strong attention to detail, organization skills, communication skills, and work ethic.
- Work directly with clients and project teams to craft beautiful, usable, and effective web-based custom software.
- Create wireframes, diagrams, interactive prototypes, and other design artifacts.
- Create modern website designs both for clients and internally.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize effectively to meet our clients’ delivery expectations.
- Help choose UI toolkits/libraries for React and Blazor projects.
- Design internal marketing materials including one-sheets, advertisements, and info graphics.
- Other related duties as assigned by your manager.
UI/UX Designer Qualifications
- At least five years designing UI/UX for web-based custom software and websites
- Graphic design experience
- Portfolio of UI/UX and graphics design work
- Experience refreshing company identity & logos
- Experience designing marketing materials
- Icon and info graphic design skills
- Experience with professional design tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Figma, Sketch, InVision, Balsamiq, etc.
- Understanding of user centered design concepts and processes
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Nice to Have Experience
- Previous consulting experience either independent consulting or with an agency
- Knowledge about UI toolkits for React and/or Blazor
- Business analysis, testing, or other experience related to software development
- Experience with content management systems (CMS)
- Experience with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
Our Vetting Process
At Emergent Software, we work hard to find the best engineers and team members capable of delivering high quality solutions for our clients. If you think you’re one of those, please understand that the effort put into this by people like yourself helps us be successful in surrounding you with other top performers. Here are the steps of our vetting process for this position:
- Application (5 minutes)
- Online Assessment (30-40 minutes)
- Initial Phone Interview (30-45 minutes)
- Portfolio Submission (5 minutes)
- Design Challenge (2-3 hours)
- In-Depth Interview (60-90 minutes)
- Final Interview (45-60 minutes)
- Job Offer!
In this role, you will design UI/UX and graphics for web-based custom software and websites. See the job description for requirements.