This is an opportunity to join the Emergent Software team and work closely with existing and new clients to achieve their desired business outcomes. This position is remote first with some client site travel needs.
Emergent Software is seeking an Account Manager to join our growing team. Our Account Managers are responsible for nurturing and growing business within Emergent Software’s existing client base as well as new prospective clients specifically seeking Emergent’s services. Candidates will demonstrate the ability to sell both cloud technology solutions and technical services, as well as build trusted relationships with C-Level decision makers and business partners to efficiently identify, qualify, maximize, and ultimately close deals. Our focus is on the needs of our clients, which means a consultative selling method is key; first and foremost, we listen to their challenges in order to determine how we can best solve and support their ongoing needs. With no commission limits, this job has uncapped income potential.
Highlights & Benefits of working at Emergent Software
- Work closely with other talented engineers & analysts. Our vetting process means you can count on your team members to know what they are talking about.
- Work from home or work remotely from anywhere you want
- Flexible work schedule meaning you can work regular hours or choose weekends and evenings
- Work-life balance is essential and highly valued at Emergent Software. If you choose to work more than 40 hours, you’ll be compensated for the extra work!
- Work on interesting projects solving complex business problems with custom software.
- 100 hours per year to focus on your professional development. We invest in your growth!
- Profit sharing bonus means as we’re successful, you’re successful
- Excellent benefits package including medical insurance, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, FSA, disability, life insurance, and paid parental leave
- Serve as the primary point of contact and build long-term relationships with clients.
- Identify cross sell opportunities to clients by positioning additional service offerings
- Achieve growth targets set forth by the Emergent Software team through consultative selling, detailed account planning and execution, promoting account growth and maximizing client retention.
- Work closely with other Emergent Software staff members to provide a positive client experience.
- Develop positive relationships with clients and provide strategic advice on how to achieve their business goals through Emergent Software’s solutions.
- Act as a liaison between the client and our internal teams to ensure timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to client needs.
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profits.
- Prepare reports on account status and keep a well-maintained CRM database.
- 2+ years of demonstrated success in a client success/account manager role.
- Aptitude for technology
- Thrives in a fast paced and always changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level.
- Solid experience with CRM software and other sales and business development tools.
- Candidates with prior sales experience in Microsoft services and solutions are preferred.
- Candidates with prior sales experience with custom software development, data engineering, or cloud transformation services preferred.
- Passion to introduce and drive disruptive solutions to help customers evolve and transform into digital-first organizations.
- Passion for client experience and for consulting as a vehicle to help clients achieve their goals.
- Ability to address conflict. Able to prepare for and execute on difficult conversations.
- Attention to detail, and insistence on excellence and “getting it right the first time.”
Benefits Package Details
- Medical Insurance: up to 90% of your monthly medical premium (HSA options available)
- Dental & Vision Insurance: up to 50% of your monthly dental and vision premium costs
- 401(k) plan: company match up to 4% of salary
- Extra compensation: for extra hours, off-hours work, and customer referrals
- Flex Spending Account (FSA) for Dependent Care & Healthcare Costs
- Short Term Disability: $500/week for 12 weeks
- Long Term Disability: up to $6,000/month
- Group term life and AD&D insurance: $50k
- PTO, standard holidays, 2 floating holidays
- Paid parental leave: 2 weeks
- Staff development program: 100 hours/year plus training costs
About Emergent Software
Emergent Software is a fast-growing software development and consulting company serving clients across the country and beyond. We are building a team of talented software engineers, database architects, UX designers and project managers capable of developing high quality custom software services for our clients.
We are a remote-first company
From our inception, we offered a remote-friendly culture supporting work flexibility beyond the norm. When the pandemic of 2020 hit, all we had to do was clean out the fridge and the shift to working fully remote began. Seeing this as an opportunity, we shifted to being a remote-first company and hiring people from anywhere. We still offer that Minnesota-nice, Midwest friendly attitude but now with people all over treated the same whether they know what the skyway system is or not.
Your career grows with us
Working with talented engineers on interesting projects makes this an engaging work environment for people passionate about software development. Learning by working directly with our experienced team, utilizing our staff development program, and solving complex problems on a variety of project provide ample long-term career development opportunities.
At Emergent Software, your ideas will be heard, you will grow exponentially as a master of your craft, and you will enjoy working other dedicated team members to deliver software solutions for our clients.
Check out what others say
Check us out on Glassdoor to see how employees enjoy our remote working structure, flexible hours, profit sharing program, and more!
In this role, you will nurture and grow business within Emergent Software’s existing client base as well as new prospective clients specifically seeking Emergent’s services.