Senior Sales Executive
Emergent Software is looking for a Senior Sales Executive who is relational, energetic, hard-working, honest, and excited about software and digital technology. A qualified candidate is an experienced salesperson selling complex systems or solutions with a developed network of high-level individuals in positions to purchase custom software, database, and cloud services.
About Emergent Software
Emergent Software is a premier technology services firm helping clients transform their business through custom software development, data engineering, and cloud transformation. As a Microsoft Gold Certified partner across multiple disciplines, we leverage the power of the Microsoft ecosystem including Microsoft Azure migration and enablement, custom software development, DevOps, and Data Engineering to deliver world class solutions for our clients. Our team of architects and engineers are passionate about helping our clients succeed using modern, scalable, and flexible technologies that accelerate innovation and build organizational efficiencies.
This sales executive role is responsible for generating business at new accounts and expanding opportunities with existing clients. Core responsibilities balance pure hunting/direct selling and joint selling by leveraging and developing relationships within the Microsoft field sales ecosystem, most critically with Microsoft Account Executives, but also with adjacent ecosystem partners. Candidates will demonstrate a proven track record for both selling cloud technology solutions and technical services, as well as building trusted relationships with C-Level decision makers and business partners to efficiently identify, qualify, maximize, and ultimately close deals. Our focus is on the needs of our clients which means a consultative selling method is key; first and foremost, we listen to their challenges in order to determine how we can best solve and support their ongoing needs.
- Identify and develop relationships with key corporate C-level and Senior Leadership representatives through prospecting, marketing leads and expansion of existing contacts within accounts.
- Build market strategies for Emergent Software’s solution offerings within accounts.
- Learn and understand business and technical requirements of clients to sell effective solutions that drive business value and have a clear ROI.
- Develop and maintain strong, trusted and mutually beneficial relationships with AEs and field sales teams within the Microsoft community and ecosystem partners.
- Understand Emergent Software’s go-to-market strategy and the competitive landscape in order to differentiate and highlight Emergent’s competitive advantage.
- Manage all phases of the sales cycle, including lead identification and qualification, scope construction, proposal development, client presentations and contract negotiation.
- Assist the marketing team by securing client references and case study creation.
- Build and maintain a strong sales pipeline and forecast accuracy through discovery calls and meetings with clients and partners.
- Exceed quarterly and annual bookings and margin targets.
- Drive client awareness and business development across service lines, focusing on a balanced business by cross-selling whitespace at existing clients.
- Work with technical delivery teams to develop compelling, tailored proposals that meet client needs while balancing continuity of delivery opportunities across all Emergent practices.
- Keep an updated and accurate pipeline in CRM.
- Holistically understand an account’s current technology platform and proactively help shape plans to move to cloud-based solutions. Become the trusted cloud advisor for your assigned portfolio of accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 5+ years sales experience. Proven track record of complex sales, solution selling, strategic account leadership is a plus.
- Candidates with prior sales experience in Microsoft services and solutions are preferred.
- Candidates with prior sales experience with custom software development, data engineering, or cloud transformation services preferred.
- Strategic account planning and execution skills.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding quotas.
- Services sales experience selling through a channel environment.
- Passion to introduce and drive disruptive solutions to help customers evolve and transform into digital-first organizations.
- Passion for client experience and for consulting as a vehicle to help clients achieve their goals.
- Ability to address conflict. Able to prepare for and execute on difficult conversations.
- Attention to detail, and insistence on excellence and “getting it right the first time.”
Benefits Package Details
- Medical Insurance: up to 90% of your monthly medical premium (HSA options available)
- Dental & Vision Insurance: up to 50% of your monthly dental and vision premium costs
- 401(k) plan: company match up to 4% of salary
- Profit sharing bonus: up to 15% of salary paid quarterly
- Extra compensation: for extra hours, off-hours work, and customer referrals
- Flex Spending Account (FSA) for Dependent Care & Healthcare Costs
- Short Term Disability: $500/week for 12 weeks
- Long Term Disability: up to $6,000/month
- Group term life and AD&D insurance: $50k
- PTO, standard holidays, 2 floating holidays
- Paid parental leave: 2 weeks
- Staff development program: 100 hours/year plus training costs
In this role, you will be responsible for generating sales of custom software, data engineering, and cloud transformation services at new accounts and expanding opportunities with existing clients. See the job description for requirements.