Senior Software Architect (C# and .NET)
RemoteUnited States$125,000 - $160,000 per year
** This is an opportunity to join our team of top-notch software engineers working closely together on interesting projects for our clients. This position is fully remote (indefinitely). **
Highlights & Benefits of working at Emergent Software
- Work closely with other talented software engineers. Our vetting process means you can count on your team members to know what they are talking about.
- Work from home or work remotely from anywhere you want
- Flexible work schedule meaning you can work regular hours or whenever you work best
- Work-life balance is essential and highly valued at Emergent Software. If you choose to work more than 40 hours, you’ll be compensated for the extra work!
- Work on interesting projects solving complex business problems with custom software.
- 100 hours per year to focus on your professional development. We invest in your growth!
- Profit sharing bonus means as we’re successful, you’re successful
- Excellent benefits package including medical insurance, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, FSA, disability, life insurance, and paid parental leave
Typical Tech Stack
- C# and ASP.NET Core
- React (JS or TypeScript) or Blazor
- SQL Server (on Azure)
- Azure PaaS (App Services, Azure SQL, etc.)
- Azure DevOps for CI/CD
- Umbraco, Sitecore, or Contentful (when CMS is required)
Senior Software Architect Primary Duties
- Solve our client’s needs pragmatically by helping them envision how custom software can solve their complex business problems.
- Meet directly with clients to craft technology solutions, gather requirements, and estimate effort required to deliver the solutions.
- Lead development projects including technical requirements gathering, data modeling, technology selection, and infrastructure design.
- Architect new applications with industry best practices.
- Provide technical guidance on various projects throughout the software development life cycle.
- Collaborate with other team members on agile development teams.
- Provide feedback to other team members on architecture, software design, and best practices.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize effectively to meet our clients’ delivery expectations.
- Mentor teammates to share your knowledge and build a stronger team.
- Other related duties as assigned by your manager.
Senior Software Architect Qualifications
- Advanced knowledge of architectural patterns for writing scalable and maintainable software and of security best practices for software development
- Proven success leading projects to successful completion
- Exceptional technical communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical issues to a technical or non-technical audience
- Comfortable speaking to clients, eliciting detailed requirements and guiding them towards technical solutions
- Able to estimate tasks effectively and accurately, and mentor others in requirement gathering
- Ability to gather and write strong requirements based on client’s business objectives
- Works with sales to evaluate potential solutions, dive into complex integrations, and build proofs of concepts
- Experience with React
- Experience with Azure
1. Backend development (data access, services, MVC, APIs)
4. Database design and development (data modeling, optimization, T-SQL)
5. Infrastructure (DevOps, CI/CD processes, source control, cloud)
Nice to Have Experience
- Consulting either independently or with a firm
- .NET content management systems (e.g. Sitecore, Umbraco, Contentful)
- Cross-platform mobile app development (e.g. Xamarin, React Native)
- Other programming languages & technologies (e.g. Node.JS, PostgreSQL, Ruby, PHP)
Our Vetting Process
At Emergent Software, we work hard to find the best software engineers capable of developing high quality software for our clients. If you think you’re one of those, please understand that the effort put into this by people like yourself helps us be successful in surrounding you with other top-notch engineers. Here are the steps of our vetting process for this position:
- Application (5 minutes)
- Online Assessment & Short Algorithm Challenge (50-70 minutes)
- Initial Phone Interview (30-45 minutes)
- At-Home Coding Challenge (3-4 hours)
- Technical Interview (60-90 minutes)
- Job Offer!
Benefits Package Details
- Medical Insurance: up to 90% of your monthly medical premium (HSA options available)
- Dental & Vision Insurance: up to 50% of your monthly dental and vision premium costs
- 401(k) plan: company match up to 4% of salary
- Profit sharing bonus: up to 15% of salary paid quarterly
- Extra compensation: for extra hours, off-hours work, and customer referrals
- Flex Spending Account (FSA) for Dependent Care & Healthcare Costs
- Short Term Disability: $500/week for 12 weeks
- Long Term Disability: up to $6,000/month
- Group term life and AD&D insurance: $50k
- PTO, standard holidays, 2 floating holidays
- Paid parental leave: 2 weeks
- Staff development program: 100 hours/year plus training costs
About Emergent Software
Emergent Software is a fast-growing software development and digital consulting company serving clients across the country. We are building a team of professionals with the variety of skills our clients need to consider Emergent Software their one-stop-shop for web & cloud-based solutions.
We are a remote-first company
From our inception, we offered a remote-friendly culture supporting work flexibility beyond the norm. When the pandemic hit in 2020, we simply cleaned out the office fridge and switched to a fully remote work environment – and we’ve never looked back. This pivot has allowed us to welcome talented team members from all over the country and give everyone the same opportunities whether they know what the ‘skyway system’ is or not.
Your career grows with us
Working with talented people on interesting projects makes this an engaging work environment for those passionate about helping businesses with technology. Learning by working directly with our experienced team, utilizing our staff development program for self-growth, and solving complex problems on a variety of projects provide ample long-term career development opportunities for all.
At Emergent Software, your ideas will be heard, you will grow exponentially as a master of your craft, and you will enjoy working with other dedicated team members to deliver solutions for our clients.
In this role, you will lead, architect, and implement custom software projects in the Microsoft stack to solve complex business problems. See the job description for requirements.