Senior Technical Recruiter
** This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing software development and consulting company serving clients across the country and beyond. This position is fully remote (indefinitely). **
Emergent Software is looking for a Senior Technical Recruiter who is organized, efficient, detail-oriented, proficient with technology, and experienced in recruiting for engineering roles and other IT positions. A qualified candidate will have experience in recruiting and/or talent acquisition at a small to mid-sized organization or staffing agency. This 100% remote position is for self-starters with high integrity, good communication skills, and work ethic.
Highlights & Benefits of working at Emergent Software
- Work closely with a dynamic, talented team of professionals. Our vetting process means you can count on your team members to know what they are talking about.
- Work from home or work remotely from anywhere you want.
- Flexible work schedule meaning you can work regular hours or whenever you work best.
- Work-life balance is essential and highly valued at Emergent Software.
- Help make processes more efficient– you will be rewarded for reducing work and making processes less time consuming.
- Excellent benefits package including medical insurance, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, FSA, disability, life insurance, and paid parental leave.
- Communicate with job candidates and guide them through the vetting & hiring process.
- Qualify candidate applications for a variety of roles using criteria provided to you by each role’s hiring manager.
- Conduct screening interviews and evaluate candidates based on communication skills, integrity, energy, and company fit.
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process.
- Source and recruit candidates by using databases, social media, and job boards.
- Promote company’s hiring initiatives and reputation as “Best Place to Work”.
- Utilize applicant tracking software and recruiting systems including Indeed, Recruitee, and LinkedIn.
- Present job offers to candidates as prepared by the hiring manager.
- Assist with onboarding new employees into HR, payroll, and other software systems.
- Submit background checks for new employees/contractors and manage results.
- Coordinate setup of state and local tax accounts with 3rd party service.
- Assist with employee and candidate questions about benefits.
- Assist with the administration of client service level agreements, rates, schedules, etc.
- Connect with newly hired candidates early in their employment to ensure their transition is going as smoothly as possible.
- Other related duties as assigned by your manager.
- Proven work experience as a Technical Recruiter (either an in-house recruiter or a staffing agency recruiter)
- Experience screening job candidates and participating in recruiting operations.
- Comfortable conducting interviews and discussing financial details with job candidates.
- Experience with applicant tracking software (ATS).
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient at Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Teams.
- Ability to self-manage and balance multiple priorities is a must.
Nice to Have Experience
- Working with HR and payroll software.
- Knowledge of benefits packages.
- Experience with Indeed employer software.
- Experience with Recruitee software.
- Experience with Office 365 administration.
- Knowledge about and interest in custom software.
- Working multiple roles simultaneously for a small to mid-size company.
- BS in Human Resources, Business Administration, or equivalent experience in Recruiting and/or Talent Acquisition.
Our Vetting Process
At Emergent Software, we work hard to find professionals who are the right fit for our clients. Here are the steps of our vetting process for this position:
- Application (5 minutes)
- Online Assessment (30-45 minutes)
- Initial Phone Interview (30-45 minutes)
- Recruiter Challenge (30-45 minutes)
- Video Interview (45 minutes)
- Job Offer!
Benefits Package Details
- Medical Insurance: up to 90% of your monthly medical premium costs (HSA options available)
- Dental & Vision Insurance: up to 50% of your monthly dental and vision premium costs
- 401(k) plan: company match up to 4% of salary
- Profit sharing bonus: up to 15% of salary paid quarterly
- Extra compensation: for extra hours, off-hours work, and customer referrals
- Flex Spending Account (FSA) for Dependent Care & Healthcare Costs
- Short Term Disability: $500/week for 12 weeks
- Long Term Disability: up to $6,000/month
- Group term life and AD&D insurance: $50k
- PTO, standard holidays, 2 floating holidays
- Paid parental leave: 2 weeks
- Staff development program: 100 hours/year plus training costs
About Emergent Software
Emergent Software is a fast-growing software development and consulting company serving clients across the country and beyond. We are building a team of talented software developers, database architects, UX designers, quality engineers, and project managers capable of developing high quality custom software services for our clients.
We are a remote-first company
From our inception, we offered a remote-friendly culture supporting work flexibility beyond the norm. When the pandemic of 2020 hit, all we had to do was clean out the fridge and the shift to working fully remote began. Seeing this as an opportunity, we shifted to being a remote-first company and hiring people from anywhere. We still offer that Minnesota-nice, Midwest friendly attitude but now with people all over treated the same whether they know what the skyway system is or not.
Your career grows with us
Working with talented engineers on interesting projects makes this an engaging work environment for people passionate about software development. Learn by working directly with our experienced team, utilizing our staff development program, and solving complex problems on a variety of projects. We provide ample long-term career development opportunities.
At Emergent Software, your ideas will be heard, you will grow exponentially as a master of your craft, and you will enjoy working other dedicated team members to deliver software solutions for our clients.
Check out what others say
Check us out on Glassdoor to see how employees enjoy our remote working structure, flexible hours, profit sharing program, and more!
In this role, you will qualify and guide job applicants through the vetting & hiring process. You will support the overall recruiting operations of a small to mid-size company and our clients. See the job description for requirements.