Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer (QA)
** This is an opportunity to join our team of top-notch engineers including software developers, architects, and other quality assurance analysts. This position is fully remote (indefinitely). **
Emergent Software is looking for a Software QA Engineer who is smart, passionate, and efficient. A qualified candidate is experienced applying quality assurance concepts and leading quality control efforts utilizing both manual testing and automated testing on complex, data-driven, web-based software applications and websites. This 100% remote position is for self-starters with good communication skills, work ethic, and the ability to participate in all aspects of the agile software development life cycle.
Highlights & Benefits of working at Emergent Software
- Work closely with other talented engineers & analysts. Our vetting process means you can count on your team members to know what they are talking about.
- Work from home or work remotely from anywhere you want
- Flexible work schedule meaning you can work regular hours or choose weekends and evenings
- Work-life balance is essential and highly valued at Emergent Software. If you choose to work more than 40 hours, you’ll be compensated for the extra work!
- Work on interesting projects solving complex business problems with custom software.
- 100 hours per year to focus on your professional development. We invest in your growth!
- Profit sharing bonus means as we’re successful, you’re successful
- Excellent benefits package including medical insurance, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, FSA, disability, life insurance, and paid parental leave
- Work with the agile team to plan test cases for User Stories and Features.
- Create testing automation scenarios to be run on new development.
- Document and interpret results of automated testing, creating bugs and documenting future remediation work.
- Interpret and refine acceptance criteria, ensuring it matches overall project requirements.
- Perform manual testing against acceptance criterion throughout the life of software projects.
- Coordinate automation activities around regression testing and scheduled testing for clients.
- Report and track issues accurately and effectively.
- Evaluate mid-project changes for testing impact.
- Help us improve our QA processes making them more robust and efficient.
- Work directly with clients to coordinate their User-Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Other related duties as assigned by your manager.
- Experience on an agile development team in the role of a Quality Engineer performing manual testing and automated testing
- Test automation skills and experience with various automated testing tools
- Experience writing comprehensive test plans and test cases and moving them into testing automation tools
- A firm grasp on how websites, web applications, APIs, databases, mobile apps, windows apps, and the cloud function at a high level
- Ability to thrive on a small team in a fast-paced environment while juggling a variety of projects and wearing multiple hats
- Exemplary attention to detail with the ability to work with teammates to determine pragmatic solutions to quality issues
- Strong technical writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills are a must
Nice to Have Experience
- Virtuoso, Katalon Studio, Ranorex, or Test Complete
- Azure DevOps, Jira, and/or other agile work organization tools
- Experience test-planning for large projects
- Previous consulting experience either independent consulting or with a firm
- Microsoft stack technologies such as C#, .NET, SQL Server, Azure
- Content management systems (e.g. Sitecore, Umbraco, Contentful)
- Software development experience
Our Vetting Process
At Emergent Software, we work hard to find the best Quality Assurance Engineers capable of helping to deliver high quality software for our clients. If you think you’re one of those, please understand that the effort put into this by people like yourself helps us be successful in surrounding you with other top-notch engineers. Here are the steps of our vetting process for this position:
- Application (5 minutes)
- Online Assessment (30-40 minutes)
- Website Testing Challenge (60 minutes)
- Initial Phone Interview (30-45 minutes)
- Technical Interview (30-60 minutes)
- Final Interview (60-90 minutes)
- Job Offer!
Benefits Package Details
- Medical Insurance: up to 90% of your monthly medical premium costs (HSA options available)
- Dental & Vision Insurance: up to 50% of your monthly dental and vision premium costs
- 401(k) plan: company match up to 4% of salary
- Profit sharing bonus: up to 15% of salary paid quarterly
- Extra compensation: for extra hours, off-hours work, and customer referrals
- Flex Spending Account (FSA) for Dependent Care & Healthcare Costs
- Short Term Disability: $500/week for 12 weeks
- Long Term Disability: up to $6,000/month
- Group term life and AD&D insurance: $50k
- PTO, standard holidays, 2 floating holidays
- Paid parental leave: 2 weeks
- Staff development program: 100 hours/year plus training costs
About Emergent Software
Emergent Software is a fast-growing software development and consulting company serving clients across the country and beyond. We are building a team of talented software developers, database architects, UX designers, quality engineers, and project managers capable of developing high quality custom software services for our clients.
We are a remote-first company
From our inception, we offered a remote-friendly culture supporting work flexibility beyond the norm. When the pandemic of 2020 hit, all we had to do was clean out the fridge and the shift to working fully remote began. Seeing this as an opportunity, we shifted to being a remote-first company and hiring people from anywhere. We still offer that Minnesota-nice, Midwest friendly attitude but now with people all over treated the same whether they know what the skyway system is or not.
Your career grows with us
Working with talented engineers on interesting projects makes this an engaging work environment for people passionate about software development. Learning by working directly with our experienced team, utilizing our staff development program, and solving complex problems on a variety of project provide ample long-term career development opportunities.
At Emergent Software, your ideas will be heard, you will grow exponentially as a master of your craft, and you will enjoy working other dedicated team members to deliver software solutions for our clients.
Check out what others say
Check us out on Glassdoor to see how employees enjoy our remote working structure, flexible hours, profit sharing program, and more!
In this role, you will work with the agile team to plan test cases for User Stories and Features. Create testing automation scenarios to be run on new development. See the job description for requirements.